Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2007

My Nokia 5140i


Everybody always makes fun of how much time I really take to buy a phone, I started with using a 6110, dropped it in a gutter, used a friend's phone for a while den bought a 6100, used that for a while, lost it some 4 times, in cabs, ricks, in hotels but it always came back, anyway, the point is, I never bought a fancy phone and while I moved up the food chain, I had friends trying to get me to buy a fancy phone, but I never gave in.

This time I could not get away from buying a phone, my 6100 totally gave in, it refused to get charged, so I started looking for a phone, almost bought into the K810i and then saw the K850i, totally fell for the phone, now the problem is that its not available yet, but I had to buy something so started to look for a phone which was not very expensive but yet decent.

Chanced upon the Nokia 5140i and quite liked the really interesting looks, apart from that it has some really cool features, ones that you wouldn't have found in phones but in an expedition kit (compass) or a treadmill (fitness log) or a first aid kit (thermometer) Also the guy who sold it to me said this phone is shock & water resistant and frankly it looks it too. All in all, its a pretty good phone and doesn't cost too much, just over Rs 3500. There are the other regular features as well, camera, stop watch, radio, alarm, organizer etc.

So go ahead and check the phone, its definitely worth it.. And about me, well, I had planned for this as a phone till the K850i is launched but if I have to go by what me friends are saying, I will live with this one for a while.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I resisted getting a phone for a really long time. And I couldn't understand why people would keep changing their phones and wasting so much money. My first phone was a birthday gift, a Nokia which, tragically, got flicked at an office party. I then looked and thoght and browsed and decided to get a Sony 750i. It's a lovely phone and has survived my butter fingers, but now, after a year, many bruises, and a conked off camera later, my palms are itching for a change.