Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2008

Now What?

I kept hearing about 'Mid Life Crisis', and people made it out to be a demon. I heard it all and shrugged it saying "What the hell are these losers talking about?"

Cut to now, I think I'm going through a one myself, wondering about what I have done till now. Analyzing what I have learnt in these years, trying to decide what I would want to do in the coming few years, or for that matter in the coming years all together.

When I started my career, I had charted my career, where I wanted to be, what I wanted to do, how I wanted to go about it and all I did now was to work as a stepping stone to where I wanted to be, but now looking back, I am questioning; maybe it still is all right, but the tough task master I am, I want to question the progress I have made.

Could I have done better? Is this the best I can do? Is this all I can do?

All of the above questions sometimes pull me down, but quite often make me to strive harder. Not to prove to the world what I have done, but more to prove to myself that I can do better that what I have already done.

All of this is OK, what is the way forward? I think I want to continue striving to achieve the best, though still not crystal about my next steps, I still want to work towards the best possible solution. No one is going to tell me what is right, I will have to figure that myself.

My recommendation to anyone else who feels anything like the above, keep doing what you do best. If you feel you are not doing good enough, Great! Do better than now, keep challenging your own effort.

No comments: